Wednesday, December 15, 2010

CHRISTMAS: A TIME FOR WORSHIP

The story of Mary, the mother of Jesus, is an amazing story of the action of God through ordinary people. Even today God chooses to do miracles through people like us. Each one of us is unique and as a church, we are uniquely positioned for God to work a miracle in and through us.


However, we can miss God’s miracle because of life’s distractions. It seems we daily face distractions and crisis. But the gap between God working and our distractions is not great. Mary, being single with an unplanned pregnancy, is our example. She viewed her circumstances through a God-perspective and her response was worship. After hearing of her imminent pregnancy, she said, “My soul magnifies the Lord” (Luke 1:46). Worship in the midst of distractions enables us to see something that others do not see.


WORSHIP BEGINS WHEN WE EXPRESS WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR US.


In the midst of distractions Mary sang a love song to God (Luke 1:46-55). She first named what God had done for her. “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior for He has been mindful of me” (v.47).


Today, a lot of our worship is general, not personal or specific. Worship begins with naming what God has done for you. This is not worshiping in a generality but “God has been mindful of me…from now on all generations will call me blessed for the Mighty One has done great things for me.”


Mary’s worship was specific and full. I can be personal with God and express what He has done for me. God has come into my world. God. God has come into my life and rocked my world.

Worship brings a “Wow” factor in your life. You can’t just sit there when you consider what God has done; you have to do something. God doesn’t just love the world; He loves me. I have to sing, shout, dance, prophesy, testify, bow down, laugh or clap. Mary sang, David danced, and Daniel got down on his face before God three times a day, not caring who saw him.


As Christmas approaches, I remember God has come into my world. He has also brought me into His world. He didn’t condemn me, but made me righteous. He invites me to sit with him on His throne. Wow.


What has God done for you?

…Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment